Attorneys at Sauchik & Giyaur, P.C. are highly experienced in healthcare mergers, acquisitions, and affiliations. Using our multidisciplinary approach, we represent healthcare clients in all stages of business arrangements for the healthcare industry. We represent all types of healthcare providers, including long-term care facilities, individual physicians and physician practices, imaging centers, infusion centers, dialysis providers, medical device companies, home health agencies, durable medical equipment providers, ambulatory surgery centers, and other ancillary service providers, in structuring and closing acquisition and other change-of-control transactions. We are intimately familar with the latest legal and regulatory developments and are deeply engaged in helping clients from an aggregate of perspectives.
We have a deep understanding of the complex business issues that our clients face and add value through responsive and creative solutions for navigating the multitude of legal and regulatory issues involved in change of control transactions. Members of our team are experienced in representing both buyers and sellers and affiliation partners through every stage of a transaction, including:
- Initial management consideration, analysis, and conceptualization of a transaction
- Due diligence and regulatory review including regulatory approvals and compliance with federal and state physician-self referral, anti-kickback, medical privacy, and licensing laws
- Board discussions and approvals including strategic planning and special counseling
- Negotiating the transaction agreements
- Analyzing and assisting in the completion and filing of applicable regulatory and reimbursement applications
- Closing of the transaction
- Harmonizing business and legal policies and integrating the target’s business
We work with clients to develop the corporate and contractual structures best suited for them to ensure efficiency and quality of outcomes. We take a team approach to healthcare transactions, working with other specialists engaged by our clients—including financial institutions, accountants and public relations firms—and drawing on the skills of our lawyers to handle antitrust, tax, real estate, corporate compliance, privacy, environmental, employment and labor, litigation, FDA, intellectual property, and public policy concerns.