LITIGATION AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
PRACTICE AREA CONTACT
BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL LITIGATION
Companies of all sizes turn to our firm when faced with litigation. We were involved in and have tried high-profile cases in state and federal courts in New York and New Jersey, in national administrative tribunals, and before various arbitration panels.
Our approach is straightforward:
- We make sure we understand the company’s business model and culture, industry
- We conduct complex litigation in a focused, methodical manner that is consistent with our clients’ business goals and strategic objectives.
- We know how to negotiate cases to a favorable disposition, recognizing the increasing pressure to resolve cases without the risk and expense of a trial.
To support these efforts, we have developed processes that ensure we are efficient and responsive. Because of the variety of litigation matters we handle, we have experience with various types of remedies that are sought in business cases. From lost profits to receiverships to injunctions to specific performance to an array of consequential damages claims, we are prepared to creatively and persuasively present and defend claims based on these theories.
BREACH OF CONTRACT
The fundamental type of dispute involved is, one way or another, the classic breach of contract or agreement, with its many permutations. We prosecute and defend this type of claim, from the simple to the complex, in virtually every business context: manufacturing, distribution, communications, high tech, services, real estate, etc.
We handle a variety of business torts claims, including negligent misrepresentation, fraud, concealment, conversion, and breach of fiduciary duty.
We are well-versed in various aspects of prosecuting and defending this complex type of claims and can effectively deal with frivolous Civil RICO actions through the process of sanctions.
LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION INVOLVING FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
We handle various types of litigation in which banks and other financial institutions may become involved, both as plaintiffs and as defendants, including matters of lender liability.
We have experience representing all forms of business entities in governance and ownership disputes. We represent corporations in securities litigation and shareholder derivative litigation. We represent partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and joint ventures in disputes regarding fiduciary duties, valuation, misappropriation, and dissolution. We also counsel clients in governance matters in an effort to avoid threatened litigation.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A full assessment of the claims to determine resolution options and assess risks
- Extensive research capabilities and sophisticated litigation support options and protocols that maximize efficiency
- Creative litigation strategies aimed at achieving desired results in a speedy and economical manner
- Personal attention of attorneys highly skilled in federal and state trial and appellate litigation